12/13/22, 08:11 AM   #1
monyarm
Add-On to put quest names on compass, and allow changing icon of quest pins?

Hi, my request is twofold. I want to add the names of quest to the compass (cause it can be annoying trying to figure out which pin is which quest/objective). Maybe it could be added right below the pin on the compass?
The other part is, I want to be able to have different pins for different quests, so i can easily differentiate at them at a glance, it could either be a random icon out of a choice of them, or it could be different icons based on the source/questline.

Would either of these be feasible?
12/13/22, 07:39 PM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
If you move your camera so that the quest marker is in the middle of the compass, the quest stage info will pop up above the compass. You can use that info to figure out which quest is which.

What I do is use the focus symbol on the map to see exactly where I want to go. You open your map, put your cursor on your destination, and press F. You’ll also see that marker on your compass.

I know those probably aren’t ideal, but I just wanted to tell you those things in case you weren’t aware.

Edit: Also, there are mods that change the color of map circles and quest markers. But alas, I’m on my phone atm and not near my computer.
12/14/22, 12:40 PM   #4
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Thank you, Baertram. I forgot to come back here last night to give examples.

To the poster: I use these two addons -
Another Quest Markers
Colorful Map Areas
12/30/22, 10:17 PM   #5
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With Conspicuous Quest Markers look at the screen shots please. You can not choose anything based on type because ZOS does not provide a way to specify the type other then maybe Story and Normal quests or maybe Daily Quests more or less. So you can't have 15 types of icons. Just the number of icons ZOS already uses.

There is a library CustomCompassPins but the game uses its own internal C++ code and we can not access all of it. The library just utilizes many of the same functions. So the same restriction applies. You can only have the kinds of compass pins the game uses and can not add 15 types if the game only uses 3 or 4.

The texture replacer that Conspicuous Quest Markers only replaces the texture path for the file because we are not allowed to do anything else. It is not using any other wizardry at all.

RedirectTexture(*string* _originalTexture_, *string* _newTexture_)

Nothing fancy.

As for the text on the compass, that is also not possible because it is not available to mod authors. I do believe there might be a hack way to do it that some other authors have used but unless the author of CustomCompassPins uses that then it is not part of the library and therefore not possible.

At the moment I only have two different types of pins for Quest Map but they are for the map pins. Nothing to do with the pins the game uses.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Add-On to put quest names on compass, and allow changing icon of quest pins?