04/11/23, 10:21 AM   #1
LocalTech
Minion "Find More" Empty

Hi I'm new to esoui and Minion. I read the troubleshooting guide and have manually added minion (32bit) to my firewall allow and am running from C:\Minion as admin. Minion detects and adds ESO but never populates the "Find More" tab. it's able to connect to the internet just fine judging by the 200s in the logs but this app isn't doing anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (36.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.3 KB, 128 views)
04/11/23, 02:02 PM   #2
LocalTech
just noticed that when I start minion it sends a request to ssl.google-analytics.com which I am blocking. Would blocking this cause the failure? I'm not willing to allow this URL access to my network to test.

EDIT: I bypassed my pi-hole for this machine and flushed DNS and I still get an empty "find more" window so I am fairly confident it was not the blocking of any random traffic that is causing this page to be empty.

EDIT2: it turns out that you MUST let minion fail to add the game through the scan feature before adding the addons folder manually. I deleted my xml and let it run from scratch again and instead of preventing it from scanning I let it fail to find the game then manually added the folder and now its working. IMO: open source this application, there's a ton of minor issues preventing people from experiencing this app at all and sticking this community with the triage. just throw it up on github and let the community actually fix this thin instead of bandaiding all these users... just the troubleshooting guide alone points at plenty of issues that would turn the average user away.

All that said. I can see the community here does an awesome job when users are patient enough to wait for responses. Thank you for that, I'm sorry mmoui has deemed their app not worthy of "real" (paid?) support and is making their community pick up the pieces.

Last edited by LocalTech : 04/11/23 at 02:49 PM. Reason: update. final update.
04/12/23, 07:44 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you for your feedback, espeically how to fix this issue.
I'll add a line to the troubleshooting guide thread, just in case someone stumbles upon the same.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion "Find More" Empty