05/12/23, 02:35 PM   #1
Anthonysc
EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED failing to return specific debuffs for nearby group members

I've been trying to make an addon to track when the Plague Infected debuff from Plaguebreak has been applied to group members and encountered this issue. Once I encountered this issue in my addon, I was able to confirm it in other group de/buff trackers.

It seems that at least in Cyrodiil, the EVENT for Plague Infected being applied to group members only fires when the group member is >~150 away from the player. If you are more than 150ish meters away from your group member, it'll report the EVENT perfectly every time, but if they're any closer to you it is never reported, you also appear to be unable to get the debuff with GetUnitBuffInfo when they are within that range band.

This strikes me as a bug in a distance filter intended to prevent "useless" events from out-of-range players from getting reported to the client. Something along the lines of a > (greater than) and < (less than) getting flipped in some internal event filter function.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED failing to return specific debuffs for nearby group members