05/11/23, 11:02 AM   #21
UnDead 0rbit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doesn't Event Tracker by Kelinmriel do all of this already?
05/12/23, 02:14 AM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No. We were asking for an API here which would make manual collection of all the data that Event Tracker, and about 5 other addons have to do at the moment, skipped and automated.

Atm all this is collected and updated manually for each of the events as there is no reliable way to detect this automated, espeically not the event uptimes / dates.
05/17/23, 11:16 PM   #23
Masteroshi430

Wouldn't the Whitestrake’s Mayhem Event be detectable by the amount of campaigns? (it has more campaigns than usual)
Did somebody try that?
05/24/23, 04:54 AM   #24
IsJustaGhost
Whitestrake’s is detectible via map pin. However, only 4 events are. Also, using the map to detect is a bit messy. It requires a number of map and subzone changes.
-- Impresario
-- up to 4 times for the "known" events.
Every time the addon is loaded and play time passes reset time.

However, this only pertains to an add-on that deals with that type of event. What about other event types, ones that do not offer tickets?

This rejection is very sad. It's not like the required private functions would create some security leak. They all use active indexes and, only pertain to events.
GetNumEventAnnouncements
GetEventAnnouncementNameByIndex
GetEventAnnouncementDescriptionByIndex
GetEventAnnouncementIngameTileImageByIndex
GetEventAnnouncementStartTimeByIndex
GetEventAnnouncementRemainingTimeByIndex
GetEventAnnouncementIngameTileMarketProductIdByIndex

If those were not private, we could use MarketAnnouncement_Manager:PopulateEventAnnouncements() as an example to create our own list.

Anyway, thank you Dan for looking into this.

Last edited by IsJustaGhost : 05/24/23 at 05:02 AM.
08/03/23, 06:33 PM   #25
Kelinmiriel
Originally Posted by UnDead 0rbit View Post
Doesn't Event Tracker by Kelinmriel do all of this already?
Thanks much for the vote of confidence! But Event Tracker is hard-coded by me. I work very hard to glean all the info I can find about events, and to keep it as up-to-date as my life allows.

I have always wanted a function that would give me the info I need for Event Tracker to be able to do this automatically, and I think it's even more important now that there are so many more addons for events than just mine.

I appreciate your efforts also, Dan, to try to get us a function, and am also saddened that you were not successful. Thank you for trying!
08/04/23, 02:46 AM   #26
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
All addons working with Seasonal events should use this library and the addon devs should collaborate and update the lib then. Would make it easier as you do not need to update 10 addons anymore but just the 1 library if any info about events change:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ntManager.html

Imo this would be the best way to solve this shortcoming of the ingame API for the moment, and it would strip redundant code in all of the similar addons.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [rejected] Add ability to query in-game event information