07/09/22, 04:24 PM   #1
peejaygee
TTC Bolt/Addon needed

While I enjoy programming, I've never touched LUA, so......

Currently I use Excel and the price TTC gives me. As I'm not that bothered about making too much profit, so I hover over a item I'm selling, like a recipe or something, it shows me the TTC Suggested, min and max etc, I put that value into Excel I then it adds the percentage (listing fee and house cut) needed so that the final price I'm selling it, gets me close to the suggested price TTC shows me.

Is there an addon or a config, or something, that will let me punch in those figures, to keep them fixed in, so when I hover over a product, it will say something like "Sell this for :-" and a value. Maybe later on if my sales thoughts change, I could tweak the percentage, so the value reflects. Saves me flipping back and forth between the game and Excel.

Hope this makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance.
07/11/22, 01:34 AM   #2
tim99

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AwesomeGuildStore saves the value, for which you sold that item the last time.
So if you sell an apple for 100 gold, the next time you choose apples to sell, it auto fills the value 100 for the selling price. You can edit this value or just press R to place the offer.
07/11/22, 09:26 AM   #3
peejaygee
Originally Posted by tim99 View Post
AwesomeGuildStore saves the value, for which you sold that item the last time.
So if you sell an apple for 100 gold, the next time you choose apples to sell, it auto fills the value 100 for the selling price. You can edit this value or just press R to place the offer.
The problem with that, the TTC costing which I use fluctuates, so I'd still end up working out the new amount to get me close to slightly higher than the suggested cost.

Would be need to have a addong/plugin that takes the TTC price (the one displayed when you hover over an item) and add's 8% to it and says on the overlay 'Suggested Sale Price' so it's doing the maths for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
07/11/22, 09:52 AM   #4
DakJaniels
would this be kinda what you are looking for?

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...alculator.html
07/11/22, 10:41 AM   #5
peejaygee
Smile

That really helps, the LUA was easy enough to understand and tweak, now when I type /profit [value] it gives me an output "Sell For : [new value]" making it easier for me to sell stuff, without having to flip flop back and forth to Excel.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
07/11/22, 11:13 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you are interested into do some more modificaitons locally for yoruself try this addon here
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...wTTCPrice.html
It uses the function ShowTTCPrice(control, slot) to get the bagId and slotIndex from "control" (= 1 inventory row at the guild store sell tab e.g.),
subtable dataEntry.data
bagId defines the bag the item is in, e.g. BAG_BAGPACK for the player inventory, BAG_BANK for the playerbank etc.
slotIndex is just a unique number to define that item in the bag.

Code:
local BagId = ItemData.bagId
local SlotIndex = ItemData.slotIndex
After that it will build the itemlink of that item, which is that kind of clickable link you can post to chat etc.
and this builds the base to get data from some addons or API functions (e.g. from TTC)
Code:
local ItemLink =  GetItemLink(BagId, SlotIndex)
And then the TTC API function here is used with that ItemLink:
Code:
local ItemPriceData = TamrielTradeCentrePrice:GetPriceInfo(ItemLink)
Within the table ItemPriceData you know got the price data for that item, read from TTC data.
-> Read more at https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...adeCentre.html -> In game API ->
To get TTC's price info simply do TamrielTradeCentrePrice:GetPriceInfo(itemLink)
This will return a TamrielTradeCentre_PriceInfo Object
Code:
{
       Avg,
       Max,
       Min,
       EntryCount, --# of listings
       AmountCount, --total # of items
       SuggestedPrice --suggested price low. Suggested high = SuggestedPrice * 1.25
}
So with ItemPriceData.SuggestedPrice you got the TTC suggested price as a base and could do your calucaluations with the profit on it then
If you got some kind of fixed profit multiplier you can addthat locally to a copy of ShowTTCPrice into that function ShowTTCPrice.
07/11/22, 11:29 AM   #7
peejaygee
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If you are interested into do some more modificaitons locally for yoruself try this addon here
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...wTTCPrice.html
It uses the function ShowTTCPrice(control, slot) to get the bagId and slotIndex from "control" (= 1 inventory row at the guild store sell tab e.g.),
subtable dataEntry.data
bagId defines the bag the item is in, e.g. BAG_BAGPACK for the player inventory, BAG_BANK for the playerbank etc.
slotIndex is just a unique number to define that item in the bag.

Code:
local BagId = ItemData.bagId
local SlotIndex = ItemData.slotIndex
After that it will build the itemlink of that item, which is that kind of clickable link you can post to chat etc.
and this builds the base to get data from some addons or API functions (e.g. from TTC)
Code:
local ItemLink =  GetItemLink(BagId, SlotIndex)
And then the TTC API function here is used with that ItemLink:
Code:
local ItemPriceData = TamrielTradeCentrePrice:GetPriceInfo(ItemLink)
Within the table ItemPriceData you know got the price data for that item, read from TTC data.
-> Read more at https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...adeCentre.html -> In game API ->
To get TTC's price info simply do TamrielTradeCentrePrice:GetPriceInfo(itemLink)
This will return a TamrielTradeCentre_PriceInfo Object
Code:
{
       Avg,
       Max,
       Min,
       EntryCount, --# of listings
       AmountCount, --total # of items
       SuggestedPrice --suggested price low. Suggested high = SuggestedPrice * 1.25
}
So with ItemPriceData.SuggestedPrice you got the TTC suggested price as a base and could do your calucaluations with the profit on it then
If you got some kind of fixed profit multiplier you can addthat locally to a copy of ShowTTCPrice into that function ShowTTCPrice.
Wow, thanks for that tip and code explanation, I'll have a little look into that, if I'm able to put the price in the overlay when I toggle it, it will also take that extra step out.
09/03/22, 10:40 AM   #8
peejaygee
Oh, I forgot to say, to make life easier for me, as I know there is a possibility for the addon to be updated, I just made a note of the line and the change of code.

All I did was put an added change of * 1.086

Code:
ItemData.sellPriceTTC = tonumber(ItemPriceData[PreferredPrice] * 1.086)
at line 283.

So, now I see at a glance what to sell it for

Again, thanks for the tip.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » TTC Bolt/Addon needed