08/30/22, 01:43 AM   #1
Dahlia Nightshade
Help needed identifying an addon

Hello, I have this bag space counter alongside the base game FPS and Latency counter, and it started behaving in a weird way since the Update 35 release.

This is how it looks like as soon as I log into the game, and it's how it should be:

And this is how it looks like as soon as I change map travelling somewhere else:

It's enough to change zone for it to go offset and somehow "exit" the screen.

I tried looking for what addon it could be in my AddOns folders, but I couldn't find it, although it's probably well hidden in plain sight, so I would like to ask you guys for help identifying it, because I would like to fix that behaviour.

Thank you, have a nice day

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia Nightshade : 08/30/22 at 03:33 AM.
08/30/22, 05:15 AM   #2
Keldor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the AddOn is "Info Panel" from Hoft.
Hoft has already written in the comments that the text that is moving is a bug since the last update

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1831-InfoPanel.html
08/30/22, 05:25 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To identify such addons I normally do this:
Use an addons profile addon like "Addon Selector".
Save the current active addons to a profile.

Disable half of the enabled addons (upper half) by clicking on 1st addon and then scroll down and SHIFT click on the addon at the middle of the list.
ReloadUI and test if the changes are still visible or not.
If not: You disabled the addon in question most probably.

Load the saved profile at the addon manager again, disable the lower half now and enable the upper.
Is the change visible again now? You are sure it's in the upper half.

Go on enabling/disabling half of the addons (e.g. disable the half of the upper half, then the half of the half of the upper half, ...) until you find the addon in question.
It's good to narrow it down without having to test each single addon.

If you know how to find out the name of a control below the mouse cursor you can use that too to find the control name of the addon in question.
e.g. move the mouse above that FPS meter where the 152/215 is shown.
Type into chat:
Code:
/script d(moc():GetName())
It wil show you a name of the control below the mouse, e.g. something like ZO_FPSMeterLabel1

Search for that name or parts of the name like ZO_FPSMeter withn your live/AddOns folder.
The free text editor Notepad++ provides an easy way to do this, via the menu File->Search->Search in files & folders
Just search all *.lua and *.xml files and you will find the addon names where this control is used/changed.
So you can disable those to see if this could be the addon in question.
08/30/22, 12:41 PM   #4
Dahlia Nightshade
Thank you very much guys, your help is much appreciated, and sorry for the noobness.

Thanks again, have a very nice day.

Dahlia
08/31/22, 03:20 AM   #5
Dahlia Nightshade
Hello again, I checked in my addons folder and there is no InfoPanel addon installed, although it really looks like the addon from Hoft, this is weird.

I checked LUI Extended, an addon I use, and it has a module called InfoPanel which is set as ON, but it's different and it shows in a different place on my screen.

This is getting weirder and weirder.

The InfoPanel from LUI Extended is on the top right corner of the screen

[EDIT]:

I just did what you suggested, this is the result:

Lua Code:
  1. Search "ZO_PerformanceMeters" (25 hits in 3 files)
  2.   D:\MyDocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\BanditsUserInterface\BUI_Themes.lua (5 hits)
  3.     Line 128:       ZO_PerformanceMetersBg:SetHidden(hide)
  4.     Line 247:       {ZO_PerformanceMeters,BOTTOMLEFT,0,-10-20},
  5.     Line 248:       {ZO_PerformanceMeters,BOTTOMLEFT,10,-20},
  6.     Line 249:       {ZO_PerformanceMeters,BOTTOMRIGHT,-10,-20},
  7.     Line 250:       {ZO_PerformanceMeters,BOTTOMRIGHT,0,-10-20},
  8.   D:\MyDocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\GroupLootNotifier\GLN_Main.lua (18 hits)
  9.     Line 440:       ZO_PerformanceMeters:SetWidth(215)
  10.     Line 441:       ZO_PerformanceMetersBg:SetWidth(345)
  11.     Line 442:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:ClearAnchors()
  12.     Line 443:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,LEFT,10,0)
  13.     Line 443:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,LEFT,10,0)
  14.     Line 444:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:ClearAnchors()
  15.     Line 445:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter,RIGHT,-3,0)
  16.     Line 445:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter,RIGHT,-3,0)
  17.     Line 448:       ZO_PerformanceMeters:SetWidth(173)
  18.     Line 449:       ZO_PerformanceMetersBg:SetWidth(256)
  19.     Line 450:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:ClearAnchors()
  20.     Line 451:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(RIGHT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  21.     Line 451:       ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(RIGHT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  22.     Line 452:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:ClearAnchors()
  23.     Line 453:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  24.     Line 453:       ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  25.     Line 488:   local label=WINDOW_MANAGER:CreateControl("GLN_BagSpace", ZO_PerformanceMeters, CT_LABEL)
  26.     Line 491:   label:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter,RIGHT,-10,0)
  27.   D:\MyDocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\PerfectPixel\modules\performanceMeter.lua (2 hits)
  28.     Line 1: local pm = ZO_PerformanceMeters
  29.     Line 2: local bg = ZO_PerformanceMetersBg

And thanks to you, I found out which addon is doing that, it's Group Loot Notifier, which is also made by Hoft, the author of InfoPanel.

Thank you for helping, I'll wait for when Hoft will be able to fix it, whenever he will be able to.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia Nightshade : 08/31/22 at 04:12 PM.
09/06/22, 02:52 PM   #6
GMdoghunter
addon in question

Addon in question is definitely infopanel from Hoft,the community have a fix for this in the comments on the addons page,i can confirm that once the fix is applied the addon does work,either that or use Barsteward which is another great addon as well,and it works out of the box with update35,which has caused many issues for addons as of late.Until an official fix is uploaded the community fix will work.
So the choice is entirely up to you either do the fix or use bar steward which i have also done as well until an official patch is uploaded.
All the best and hopefully you get your issues sorted.Enjoy your eso.
09/08/22, 02:45 AM   #7
Dahlia Nightshade
No, after Baertram showed me how to do it, I could identify the addon causing the "issue", it's Group Loot Notifier, which is from Hoft, the same author of Info Panel.

Group Loot Notifier has an option to activate the bag space counter, just like Info Panel.

Now, I would like to apply the community fix that's been suggested in Info Panel comments, but the .LUA file is obviously different, since it's a different addon.

I identified the portion of the file related to the Bag Space Counter, but I don't really know what to modify/edit/adjust to fix it.

I attached the .LUA file should yoube interested in it, but here are the parts that I found to be related to this:

Lua Code:
  1. local function BagSpace_Init()
  2.     if SavedSettings.BagSpace then
  3.         if InfoPanel then
  4.             SavedSettings.BagSpace=false
  5.             if CHAT_SYSTEM.primaryContainer then CHAT_SYSTEM:Maximize() CHAT_SYSTEM.primaryContainer:FadeIn() end
  6.             d(Localisation[lang].BagSpaceAlert)
  7.             return
  8.         end
  9.         ZO_PerformanceMeters:SetWidth(215)
  10.         ZO_PerformanceMetersBg:SetWidth(345)
  11.         ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:ClearAnchors()
  12.         ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,LEFT,10,0)
  13.         ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:ClearAnchors()
  14.         ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter,RIGHT,-3,0)
  15.     else
  16.         if InfoPanel then return end
  17.         ZO_PerformanceMeters:SetWidth(173)
  18.         ZO_PerformanceMetersBg:SetWidth(256)
  19.         ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:ClearAnchors()
  20.         ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(RIGHT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  21.         ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:ClearAnchors()
  22.         ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,CENTER,0,0)
  23.     end
  24.     GLN_BagSpace:SetHidden(not SavedSettings.BagSpace)
  25. end

Lua Code:
  1. --[[    --Bag Space
  2.     local label=WINDOW_MANAGER:CreateControl("GLN_BagSpace", ZO_ChatWindow, CT_LABEL)
  3.     label:SetDimensions(65,16)
  4.     label:ClearAnchors()
  5.     label:SetAnchor(RIGHT,GLN_ToogleButton,LEFT,-5,-3)
  6.     label:SetFont("/EsoUI/Common/Fonts/univers57.otf|16|soft-shadow-thick")
  7.     label:SetColor(1,1,1,1)
  8.     label:SetHorizontalAlignment(2)
  9.     label:SetVerticalAlignment(1)
  10.     label:SetText("")
  11.     label:SetHidden(not SavedSettings.BagSpace)
  12. --]]
  13.     --Bag Space
  14.     local label=WINDOW_MANAGER:CreateControl("GLN_BagSpace", ZO_PerformanceMeters, CT_LABEL)
  15.     label:SetDimensions(75,40)
  16.     label:ClearAnchors()
  17.     label:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMetersLatencyMeter,RIGHT,-10,0)
  18.     label:SetFont("ZoFontWinT2")
  19.     label:SetColor(1,1,1,1)
  20.     label:SetHorizontalAlignment(0)
  21.     label:SetVerticalAlignment(1)
  22.     label:SetText("")
  23.     label:SetHidden(true)
  24.     if SavedSettings.BagSpace then BagSpace_Init() end

I have no idea where to add the lines of code suggested in the Info Panel comments.

Thank you

Dahlia
Attached Files
File Type: lua GLN_Main.lua (30.5 KB, 99 views)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Help needed identifying an addon