10/23/22, 11:43 AM   #1
kotage
Request: change the speed of voice playback

Yes, I read the sticky about what addons can't do. I simply hope that this is not a change or modification of sound, therefore it could be possible. Is it?

Ideally this addon would allow me to change the speed with a shortcut or a UI element that would appear during conversations (it is only needed for conversations).

Often the speech of characters is unreasonably slow, which becomes very apparent when a good voice actor suddenly makes you forget about how fast he's talking.

Alternatively: if this is not possible, the second best thing would be an addon that can mute voices ONLY, at the press of a button. Then I can quickly read the text without losing all the ambiance.
10/23/22, 12:39 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
>Yes, I read the sticky about what addons can't do. I simply hope that this is not a change or modification of sound, therefore it could be possible. Is it?

Nope sorry, addons cannot alter any sound speed, visual effect speed, etc.

>Alternatively: if this is not possible, the second best thing would be an addon that can mute voices ONLY, at the press of a button. Then I can quickly read the text without losing all the ambiance.
As dialogs got an own sound category for volume it should be possible to lower that to 0 in total at the default game settings.
If no addon exists yet that can handle that volume change via a keybind it should be possible to create one.

Please use the addon search and search for "dialog" and you might find one that fullfills your request already.
Edit:
If any dev is interested:
I did not find any but another addon which could be taken as reference as it changes dialog volume in combat, and back afterwads:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...dioVolume.html

Last edited by Baertram : 10/23/22 at 12:45 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: change the speed of voice playback