01/27/23, 04:15 PM   #1
quentinlamamy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question ESO Constant - Crafting style id

Hi,

I know that style chapter have ESO API constant like ITEM_STYLE_CHAPTER_AXES,

I am wondering if there is some internal constant for the style himself, something like ITEM_STYLE_WORMCULT (instead of using id 55)
01/27/23, 06:28 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can use the addon merTorchbug Updated to see and search the constants, SI_ string constants and other classes, objects, functions etc. ingame.

Just type /tb and the global inspector will show you the tabs "Constants", "Strings", ... after reading all from the global table _G.
01/27/23, 06:37 PM   #3
sirinsidiator

Crafting styles had constants in the past, but when they started adding so many new styles every update, they decided to stop adding more in favour of using ids. So while there are a couple ITEM_STYLE_ constants, those are deprecated and won't be updated with newer styles.
You can either pick the style ids you want and add variables for them locally in your own addon, or use the appropriate api functions to iterate over all styles.
01/27/23, 06:42 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not sure if this is the correct function for the iteration but it should start with
GetNum<sectionYouSearch>()

Code:
        GetNumValidItemStyles()
01/28/23, 02:45 AM   #5
quentinlamamy

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Crafting styles had constants in the past, but when they started adding so many new styles every update, they decided to stop adding more in favour of using ids. So while there are a couple ITEM_STYLE_ constants, those are deprecated and won't be updated with newer styles.
You can either pick the style ids you want and add variables for them locally in your own addon, or use the appropriate api functions to iterate over all styles.
Yes i see thos old constant about the first style, and later in the night (i'm in France) i decide to create my own constant for the 116 styles. Thanks for the answser.

@Baertram Thread Solved

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ESO Constant - Crafting style id