05/14/23, 05:26 AM   #1
Altorus
Automatic send full gem soul for whom resurrect you

Hi all,

I'm looking for an add-on which can send a mail (after the combat) with a full gem soul for the people who resurrect me as a thank you.
Is it possible?
Is this information is accessible in the function resurrect a player?
It's a mix between Tamriel Ambulance, kill counter and thank you for your service

Have a nice day.
05/14/23, 05:51 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
afaik the events about revive do not show the player who revived you, the events only would fire properly with "your name" (the revived one) at the other player.
IF you move your mouse crosshair above the one who revived you, directly after revive, it could work somehow. But I'm not sure if this properly works if you are still in the "ghost phase" after revive and thus you won't get the name properly.

Maybe I'm wrong, at least I never saw any addon like that and I guess it does not exist as it's too tricky to make it work. But I never tested this, so others may have better infos for you.

Maybe EVENT_RESURRECT_REQUEST fires for you too if you get revived. And there the "RequesterName" is shown then.
But if you want to send an email with attachemtn then, it won't be done autmatically.
You must manually accept the attachments so there is always the need to time the email properly, liek "after dungeon" or "after combat" (whichs till might be troubling if you just mounted and want to follow others and then the mail send panel popups and needs you to accept the attachment and send email and wait for it to happen, or you need to abort and it needs to be started later again somehow).

I personally see too many issues to make that properly work. Beside that soulgems aren't that rare Maybe an addon would be nice to track your revives and you manually start to send emails at a point you like it to start then.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/14/23 at 05:56 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatic send full gem soul for whom resurrect you