09/20/21, 07:18 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update 32 (Version 7.2)

The next dlc "Deadlands" will be available on the PTS later today.

New API Version: 101032

PTS Dev Guild
We have created guilds on the EU and NA server for all addon developers, which get copied over during the PTS cycle for a new update, so we can test guild related things, ask for help with testing or just chat. If you need an invite, ask here or over on our Gitter channel. You are also free to join them on the live servers so you don't always have to be reinvited when the PTS is wiped.

Notable Changes
  • ZO_ObjectPool:New no longer implicitly uses ZO_ObjectPool_DefaultResetControl in case you did not specify a reset function, as not every pool requires a reset - you need to explicitly pass it in case you did not do so before!
  • A new zone
  • Summary page for item set collection
  • Curated item set drops from certain sources (bosses, dungeons, etc), so only missing items are received until a collection is complete
  • Base game map pins for skyshards
  • New "Armory" feature for quickly switching between character builds
  • DLSS/DLAA rendering support
  • UnitFrame class refactor (everything is now global and can be easily modified)

LinksI'll edit the OP with more useful information as you post it and add the links as they become available.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 11/18/21 at 09:41 AM.
09/20/21, 03:01 PM   #2
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Documents and patch notes
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP32.txt (836.3 KB, 759 views)
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP32.txt (16.9 KB, 1039 views)
09/21/21, 01:34 PM   #3
Sidrinius
Gamepad Chat

@ZOS_DanBatson

On PTS today, chat for PC players using Gamepad changed to the "console" interface. I've not been able to find a way to select the "m&kb" interface. Is this intended behavior? I doubt PC players using gamepad are going to like this.
09/22/21, 06:38 PM   #4
AlbinoPython
Code:
GetNumSkyshardsInZone(GetZoneId())
is retuning 0 for me everywhere. Am I using it incorrectly?
09/22/21, 07:23 PM   #5
Shinni
GetZoneId converts a zone index to a zone id. It does not return the current zone id.
zoneId = GetZoneId(zoneIndex)
zoneIndex = GetZoneIndex(zoneId)

To get the current zone id you want to use
GetZoneId(GetUnitZoneIndex("player"))
09/22/21, 07:27 PM   #6
AlbinoPython
Ah thanks. I was using it wrong
09/22/21, 08:36 PM   #7
Sharlikran

Question and being nit picky. In the ESOUIDocumentationP32.txt is the API version supposed to be 101032 or the old one 101031?
09/22/21, 09:12 PM   #8
AlbinoPython
Sharlikran's life is gonna get a little easier
Code:
function GetSkyshards()
  local Skyshards = {}
  local ZoneId = GetZoneId(GetUnitZoneIndex("player"))
  for i = 1, GetNumSkyshardsInZone(ZoneId) do -- This may start at 0 idk rn
    local ShardId = GetZoneSkyshardId(ZoneId, i)
    local X, Y, _OnCurrentMap = GetNormalizedPositionForSkyshardId(ShardId)
    if X >= 0 and X <= 1 and Y >= 0 and Y <= 1 then
      local Status = GetSkyshardDiscoveryStatus(ShardId)
      if Status == SKYSHARD_DISCOVERY_STATUS_ACQUIRED then
        -- Discovered
      else
        -- Undiscovered
      end
    end
  end

return Skyshards
end
09/23/21, 01:45 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Question and being nit picky. In the ESOUIDocumentationP32.txt is the API version supposed to be 101032 or the old one 101031?
It's giving the APIVersion of the server which currently still is (by mistake as it was forgotten to increase) 101031 on the PTS.
With next PTS patch it will be 101032 then (and the API doc. files will increase the number as well then).
09/23/21, 09:16 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sidrinius View Post
@ZOS_DanBatson

On PTS today, chat for PC players using Gamepad changed to the "console" interface. I've not been able to find a way to select the "m&kb" interface. Is this intended behavior? I doubt PC players using gamepad are going to like this.
Seems ZO_ChatSystem_DoesPlatformUseGamepadChatSystem() returns true on the PC platform on the PTS, where it might should return false instead?

The code below in the keyboard chat system initalization makes me assume it should be false ->
-- On PC platforms, we do not load a gamepad chat system. Let's reuse the keyboard system instead.
Code:
function ZO_ChatSystem_OnInitialized(control)
    KEYBOARD_CHAT_SYSTEM = ZO_ChatSystem:New(control)
    SYSTEMS:RegisterKeyboardObject("ChatSystem", KEYBOARD_CHAT_SYSTEM)

if not ZO_ChatSystem_DoesPlatformUseGamepadChatSystem() then
        -- On PC platforms, we do not load a gamepad chat system. Let's reuse the keyboard system instead.
        GAMEPAD_CHAT_SYSTEM = KEYBOARD_CHAT_SYSTEM
        SYSTEMS:RegisterGamepadObject("ChatSystem", KEYBOARD_CHAT_SYSTEM)
    end
end
Overwriting ZO_ChatSystem_DoesPlatformUseGamepadChatSystem() to always return false does not fix this unfortunately. So there might be some bug somewhere making the game think we are not on PC but on "Heron" e.g.?

Last edited by Baertram : 09/23/21 at 09:20 AM.
09/25/21, 10:34 AM   #11
AlbinoPython
The "EVENT_WORLD_EVENT_ACTIVE_LOCATION_CHANGED" event supplies a "_newWorldEventLocationId_" for Daedric anchor events. Does anyone know how to get the POI index for this? I am looking to get the ID's normalized X,Y position.
09/25/21, 01:55 PM   #12
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by AlbinoPython View Post
The "EVENT_WORLD_EVENT_ACTIVE_LOCATION_CHANGED" event supplies a "_newWorldEventLocationId_" for Daedric anchor events. Does anyone know how to get the POI index for this? I am looking to get the ID's normalized X,Y position.
Looking at the source code I'd say you first have to check if it the id is for a POI via GetWorldEventLocationContext and then use GetWorldEventPOIInfo.
09/27/21, 06:12 PM   #13
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

The PC gamepad UI getting the gamepad chat is not so much intentional or unintentional as simply not the best outcome. We're adding a setting that will allow you to choose if you still want the keyboard chat while using the gamepad UI to account for this, for those who want it. The fact that it happened is technically correct (i.e.: more in line with the Stadia experience) but not having the choice is not great, so we're correcting that oversight.
09/28/21, 01:45 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
The PC gamepad UI getting the gamepad chat is not so much intentional or unintentional as simply not the best outcome. We're adding a setting that will allow you to choose if you still want the keyboard chat while using the gamepad UI to account for this, for those who want it. The fact that it happened is technically correct (i.e.: more in line with the Stadia experience) but not having the choice is not great, so we're correcting that oversight.
Thank you very much, much appreciated!
10/02/21, 11:40 PM   #15
IsJustaGhost
This is good to know, since I use gamepad mode. I would really hate hitting [enter] and not get the normal chat box.
10/06/21, 12:17 PM   #16
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by snichols7778 View Post
is there a gps bug on pts since last update i was trying to write the guide for community level guide addon and /zgpos gps no longer seems to work unless i delete all saved variables and can only be done as soon as i login

bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (integer expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.format'
user:/AddOns/ZGESO/Pointer.lua:1235: in function 'fn'
|caaaaaa<Locals> checker = "gps", gps = [table:1]{offsetY = 0.7257384210825, id = 243, zoneId = 381, offsetX = 0.21938160061836, scaleX = 0.031974401324987, scaleY = 0.031974401324987}, tex = 243 </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Ingame/SlashCommands/SlashCommands_Shared.lua:204: in function 'DoCommand'
|caaaaaa<Locals> text = "/zgpos gps", command = "/zgpos", arguments = "gps", fn = user:/AddOns/ZGESO/Pointer.lua:1229 </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:1807: in function 'SharedChatSystem:SubmitTextEntry'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:2]{minContainerWidth = 300, numUnreadMails = 26, isAgentChatActive = F, loaded = T, isMinimizingOrMaximizing = F, isMinimized = F, ignoreTextEntryChangedEvent = F, shouldMinimizeAfterEntry = F, allowMultipleContainers = F, currentChannel = 0, maxContainerWidth = 550, maxContainerHeight = 380, suppressSave = F, currentNumNotifications = 3, minContainerHeight = 170}, text = "/zgpos gps", valid = F, prefix = 47 </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:2532: in function 'ZO_ChatTextEntry_Execute'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud </Locals>|r
ZO_ChatWindowTextEntryEditBox_Enter:3: in function '(main chunk)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud </Locals>|r
(tail call): ?
(tail call): ?
I don't know which addon the /zgpos command is from, but I suppose it will need an update to work with the next game version. You are advised to report the error in its comment section, as this thread is meant as a place for addon authors to share information about the next game update and not for users to report addon problems.
10/06/21, 01:08 PM   #17
Sharlikran

EDIT: snichols7778 wrong thread, read the ZGESO thread.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 10/06/21 at 08:18 PM.
11/01/21, 08:54 AM   #18
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Patch notes part 2
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP32_2.txt (836.5 KB, 1169 views)
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP32_2.txt (463 Bytes, 735 views)
11/17/21, 05:13 AM   #19
andy.s
It would be nice to see a list of changes to core classes next time too. ZO_ObjectPool doesn't set the default resetFunction anymore, which caused some oddities in my addon that were hard to track based just on a few user reports of controls staying on screen when they shouldn't. Had to dive deep into the class code, which is not a problem, but it could've been avoided if I had known where to look sooner
11/17/21, 09:02 AM   #20
sirinsidiator

The idea is not bad, but it's actually a bit tricky to do that in a reasonable way. The changeset between live and pts is huge. How would one decide what to include in such a list without just copy pasting the full list of changes? You speak of core classes, but what would that even be? Just files in the libraries folder? Even then you'd get 42 entries in the list.
I guess for now I will just add a link to the changes and let everyone figure it out for themselves. Maybe somebody has a better idea.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 32 (Version 7.2)