04/01/14, 01:19 PM   #1
oldbushie
[Request] Quest Finder

I've been fairly happy with most of the addons available but there's one thing that would help immensely: Being able to see all new-quest opportunities on the map (at least nearby). When I have multiple quests active, it's hard to tell which black marks are related to the quests at hand or are new quest-givers, and you can't see the new quest-givers on the map. Is that something that is fetchable?

Alternately, something that integrates with Esohead's collected data and superimposes stuff on the map from their database would be awesome. Right now the Esohead addon only seems to collect data and remember your own data; it doesn't seem to give an option for pulling in existing data from the global database unless I'm missing something in their FAQ.

If possible, I would like to see such markers show up on the ZrMiniMap addon too. Why they didn't add an optional minimap as part of the game is beyond me.

Last edited by oldbushie : 04/01/14 at 01:22 PM.
04/01/14, 08:10 PM   #2
InfiniteImmortal
Lightbulb New Add-on Creation "Quester"?

I completely agree with you on what you said. Something similar to what WoW use(d), I think it's called Quester. You have the option to view; current quest locations only, quests that have already been completed, quests that have not be picked-up/done yet, or view all quests in that zone, area, or town. That could be set for any of the before mentioned.

Hopefully some developer(s) like 'Wykkyd' pick up a project like this and have the EsoHead add-on database connected. This way the information updates as the game changes and more quests are added to the game, hopefully from a global database EsoHead creates.

-InfiniteImmortal
04/01/14, 09:13 PM   #3
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
I say this with the greatest respect for Wowhead but its quest database is very inaccurate. There are quests there that are long removed, inaccurate starters and a poor appreciation of the interlocking that Blizzard use. It may be a place to start but I would place more reliance on a hand crafted list. There are quests already in the Esohead database that have been removed since the beta when they were recorded. The addon collects data but that's it. Judging by repeated interactions with Wowhead, they just don't change stuff manually. I should say that I have not used it for over a year but a quick glance reveals that the errors are still there.
04/03/14, 01:30 AM   #4
Mitsarugi

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this would be nice too see as i really love doing all quests in a certain region before leaving it and i dont like missing any of them
04/16/14, 11:27 AM   #5
tyberias
I would really much like to see an Addon for i'm not able to find the 2 Quests I'm missin in Shadowfen!
04/16/14, 12:02 PM   #6
oldbushie
Originally Posted by tyberias View Post
I would really much like to see an Addon for i'm not able to find the 2 Quests I'm missin in Shadowfen!
I wrote up a thread for the hard to find ones: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...n_6262_quests/

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Quest Finder