05/08/14, 05:46 AM   #1
Trollwut

[SEARCH] Information Bar

Hi guys!

I'm just looking for a nice Information Bar for the top of my screen. This may not be a big demand, but let me explain why I'm still searching.

Currently I'm using the one out of Wykkyd's Framework. I often read about that this addon uses way too much performance - and as I only use the Information Bar out of it, I can simply replace it.

I'm looking for a bar that is still being developed, not outdated. I have seen some bars from "hobby developers" but I'm unaware if these developers try to continue on it or if it just has been a little testing in LUA programming. In addition to that it should be less performance eating than Wykkyd's.

I'm not looking for specific modules on that bar, as I only need the basic information. Though I like the crafting timer module on Wykkyd's, I guess this will come per developing the bar, too.

Can you recommend a Information Bar for me?
05/08/14, 06:07 AM   #2
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Self-plug here, but depending on what info you're after, you could try my Awesome Info addon.

It's not a bar, but is designed so that it only shows you the information when it's relevant to bring it to your attention.
05/08/14, 07:56 AM   #3
Trollwut

Thanks Stormy!

Unfortunatelly I'm searching for a bar. As much as I like your Research Grid, your mentioned AddOn is not the droid I'm looking for.
05/08/14, 08:24 AM   #4
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No problem.

Bazgrim stopped updating his toolbar, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a toolbar addon that other people can write modules for, in the same way that a few of the old bars for WoW worked.

Stuff like DataBroker or FuBar.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat109.html

Last edited by Stormknight : 05/08/14 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add link
05/08/14, 09:51 AM   #5
Trollwut

Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
No problem.

Bazgrim stopped updating his toolbar, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a toolbar addon that other people can write modules for, in the same way that a few of the old bars for WoW worked.

Stuff like DataBroker or FuBar.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat109.html
Yes, that would be great. But it's also a big effort to programm such an addon.

I'm currently using this Information Bar and I'm quite happy with it.
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...mationBar.html
05/08/14, 01:19 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
ZAM Stats is a bunch of individual modules that you can place wherever you wish, so you could make a 'bar' out of them across the top of your screen. There are a number of additional modules already written to add to them, you can see them on the Other Files tab. Another one you could look at would be Tim's All In One.

[Edit]
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
<snip>I was thinking it would be cool to have a toolbar addon that other people can write modules for, in the same way that a few of the old bars for WoW worked.

Stuff like DataBroker or FuBar.<snip>
Check out ZAM Stats, linked above. She's even got the API for creating your own already posted, in the description.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05/08/14 at 01:23 PM.
05/08/14, 04:15 PM   #7
Trollwut

Oh this seems to be really nice!

Unfortunatelly it's no "bar" addon, I would have to place them into the right order. But I'll bookmark it and keep track of it - maybe someday there will be an implemented function for that.

Thanks for mentioning it!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [SEARCH] Information Bar