09/12/15, 12:53 PM   #1
ahinkleyk2
Question How do I know if my add-0ns are up to date?

I took a couple month reprieve from ESO and just started playing again today. I got on minion and it automatically updates my add ons. But when I go to play the game, awesome info, price tracker, research assistant, show motifs, and treasure maps say they're out of date. I believe I've already reloaded them. Even logged out then in and it's still showing. I can play with them out of date but I get one of those "UI Error messages." Can anyone help with this?
09/13/15, 06:57 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could copy&paste the UI error message here or just look at the bottom of the error message if you find a known addon name that you use.

Minion should update the addons for you. If the addons are setup correctly they shouldn't be shown out of date. If you are sure the addon is updated properly and is still shown as out of date you could uninstall it via Minion (right click the addon > uninstall) and reinstall it then. Maybe this helps.
09/13/15, 08:35 AM   #3
ahinkleyk2
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:63: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:183: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
user:/AddOns/TreasureMaps/Libs/LibAddonMenu-1.0/LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua:48: in function 'lam:AddHeader'
user:/AddOns/TreasureMaps/TreasureMaps.lua:216: in function 'TreM.OnLoad'

This is the error I get. I noticed it said "treasure maps" yesterday. Was going to uninstall these yesterday but couldn't figure out how.
After uninstalling and reinstalling, no. It's didn't help "update" them. After getting the UI Error again I removed Treasure Maps and that got rid of the Error. Could the "out of date" message be because the addons themselves don't look like they've been updated since March?
09/13/15, 08:58 AM   #4
Garkin

Originally Posted by ahinkleyk2 View Post
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:60: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:63: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:183: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
user:/AddOns/TreasureMaps/Libs/LibAddonMenu-1.0/LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua:48: in function 'lam:AddHeader'
user:/AddOns/TreasureMaps/TreasureMaps.lua:216: in function 'TreM.OnLoad'

This is the error I get. I noticed it said "treasure maps" yesterday. Was going to uninstall these yesterday but couldn't figure out how.
After uninstalling and reinstalling, no. It's didn't help "update" them. After getting the UI Error again I removed Treasure Maps and that got rid of the Error. Could the "out of date" message be because the addons themselves don't look like they've been updated since March?
This error occurs in LibAddonMenu-1.0 library embedded in TreasureMaps addon which is not officially supported by its author for more then year. I recommend removing old Treasure Maps addon and using similar Lost Treasure.
09/13/15, 10:50 AM   #5
ahinkleyk2
Garkin, your specific addon "price tracker updated" says it's out of date in my game. i already uninstalled and reinstalled. is there a problem with it, or is it just cuz your addon hasn't been updated in so long?
09/13/15, 11:11 AM   #6
Garkin

Originally Posted by ahinkleyk2 View Post
Garkin, your specific addon "price tracker updated" says it's out of date in my game. i already uninstalled and reinstalled. is there a problem with it, or is it just cuz your addon hasn't been updated in so long?
It wasn't updated and I don't plan updating it anymore. Actually I'm looking for developers who wants to take care of my addons.
09/13/15, 12:30 PM   #7
ahinkleyk2
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
It wasn't updated and I don't plan updating it anymore. Actually I'm looking for developers who wants to take care of my addons.
All right. Thanks.
09/13/15, 12:40 PM   #8
t31os
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Are you looking for people to take over because you're leaving the community, or is this due to not having the free time to maintain them. I always find your posts extremely helpful, as a LUA novice i usually stumble across your posts in most of the pertinent threads i land on when searching for code help or examples.

Thanks for all the work you put into your addons and helping people in the community in any case.
09/13/15, 02:51 PM   #9
Garkin

Originally Posted by t31os View Post
Are you looking for people to take over because you're leaving the community, or is this due to not having the free time to maintain them. I always find your posts extremely helpful, as a LUA novice i usually stumble across your posts in most of the pertinent threads i land on when searching for code help or examples.

Thanks for all the work you put into your addons and helping people in the community in any case.
It's not about the time, I can make some free time for addons. But a while back I have stopped playing ESO, and now I don't really have a reason to maintain addons which I don't use.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How do I know if my add-0ns are up to date?