03/22/24, 11:55 PM   #1
kareem
addon file missing

hey, i have an addon problem basically the file is missing so i checked the documents file to look for elderscrolls as where the screenshots where stored in i found nothing enabled hidden files nothing no elder scrolls file in documents, went to c/appdata found the elder scrolls files there clicked on it and to live made the addons file in the live file put a few addons logged in and nothing happened the list is still empty
please help
03/23/24, 07:17 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reinstall the mod with Minion. Sometimes the mod doesn't unzip properly when Minion installs it. Also you need to read the description page of every mod you install. Some mods require multiple libraries, and those libraries require things, so installing a mod like one I support could require 8 to 10 additional downloads. Minion doesn't install the mods and auto download everything you need to go with it you have to do that yourself.
03/25/24, 09:11 AM   #3
kareem
ok another issue now when i try to install with minion and it asks me for addon location and i keep selecting it , it doesnt save it, it keeps asking for it and nothing happens.
other than that sometimes it works fine when i restart minion so now i tried downloading new addons and they show in the file ( I checked what addons are needed for each one)
logged on checked the menu nothing is there
WHAT DO I DO???

Last edited by kareem : 03/25/24 at 09:18 AM.
03/25/24, 09:18 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What folder does the screenshot trick point you to?

If it's c:/users/... /documents/elder scrolls online/live/screenshots then the AddOns folder must be in
c:/users/... /documents/elder scrolls online/live
Create it if it's not there.

Put your addons in there, extraxt zip files and do only extract the contents (addon folder containing the lua and txt files) of the zip files, do not create another subfolder with the name of the zip file!

Check Minion forum for Minion troubleshooting please. At the top of the forums you'll find the sticky threads with help.

If you use OneDrive disable it as described in multiple troubleshooting posts!
03/25/24, 09:31 AM   #5
kareem
the problem is that i dont have elderscrolls file in mydocuments i have it on the program data C:\ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online\live
i have had this problem with oblivion too most files save in the steam file and some are missing from the documents file
but with eso i dont have any file in mydocuments for it
and the more weird thing that when i take a screenshot it directs me to mydocuments/elderscrollsonline etc
which i dont see i also have hidden files on incase its hidden

Last edited by kareem : 03/25/24 at 09:35 AM.
03/25/24, 11:21 AM   #6
Sharlikran

Did you configure something to put the files and folders there?

That's not the default location. I have heard of some people using that folder and maybe it work for some people, but that's not the standard location.

You have to use what the screenshot tells you, or the game won't find the files.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/25/24 at 11:30 AM.
03/25/24, 01:59 PM   #7
kareem
nope, didnt touch anything since the download of the game the first time i screenshoted showed me the file i my documents and it still shows it to this time but it simply doesnt exist in the documents file which makes it even more weird plus in programdata there is a file called ''screenshots'' that have 0 pictures in it meanwhile i took about 30 before
i will try to move it to docuemnts"
still moved the file to documents took some screenshots nothing shows in the screenshots file

Last edited by kareem : 03/25/24 at 02:04 PM.
03/25/24, 02:32 PM   #8
Sharlikran

Please don't take it upon yourself to move files and folders like that because it may not be the best solution. I'm asking questions before I make suggestions to know what is going on.

If you have a screenshot similar to this, please post it so I can see how to try and resolve the situation.

What I want to see is what is in the upper right corner.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/25/24 at 06:23 PM.
03/26/24, 08:52 AM   #9
kareem
https://imgur.com/a/dhaizto
i know bad graphics.
the reason i got the screenshot is because i switched to windowed mode not full screen( i am on a laptop)
03/26/24, 11:39 AM   #10
Sharlikran

Code:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

Open Minion amd go to options.

Click in the purple box on the white folder, then navigate to the location at the top, and if any of those folders do not exist, then create one with the exact name show above. Once The location above is in Minion and showing in the Blue box, close minion to save the changes.

Then open minion again, because you changed the location and it's correct now, so that Minion can read what is in the folder. Then update and install mods as needed.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/26/24 at 12:06 PM.
03/26/24, 01:48 PM   #11
kareem
ah, so just make the elderscrolls file in documents etc?
i know its shows that the folder path is in there but it doesnt exist on my documents on program data as i said before https://imgur.com/a/BCEFuc4
03/26/24, 02:01 PM   #12
Sharlikran

Follow the steps please. I indicated a specific path, use the exact path indicated.
03/26/24, 02:18 PM   #13
Sharlikran

And in case somehow I was not clear, this is the location I have indicated.

Code:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
This exact location you need to set in Minion.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/27/24 at 03:58 AM.
03/27/24, 01:50 PM   #14
kareem
man i swear i didnt know what do I do
i basically did what you said, didnt work
went uninstalled steam and kept the game in seperate file and the elderscrolls document file was created
put minion on the path you said to put on and installed some addons all of them didnt work only one addon did which is the skyrim ui one, the others none did and ofc everytime i would add a new addon all of the game's settings would reset for some reason which would make me lose my mind.
03/27/24, 02:17 PM   #15
Sharlikran

This is all helpful information. I am sorry you have these issues.

Originally Posted by kareem View Post
every time i would add a new addon all of the game's settings would reset for some reason which would make me lose my mind.
This also should not be happening.

Reinstalling the game didn't help, that seems evident, pointing you to the proper Addons folder according to the screenshot didn't work.

I'm not sure how much computer expertise you have but, I don't know what else to suggest.

OneDrive can sometimes loose settings because they don't sync with the cloud: https://esouimods.github.io/3-master....html#OneDrive

OneDrive might also do something with the MyDocuments folder that creates your situation.

It's something on your end, not something you are doing intentionally, but not something anyone can really explain or help with. Trying to disable OneDrive is about all I have for you at this point.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/27/24 at 08:57 PM.
03/27/24, 02:29 PM   #16
Sharlikran

Some nice people are reading this and have a thought. What is your user name? What I mean by that is, what are the letters in the name? Because your user name isn't Public.

Gómez << the ó is non standard
Женя << Not English either
鈴木 << Not English either

The idea is that, or the hypothesis is, do you have non English letters in your user name? Windows will do things to work around that. If that's the case and English is not your native language I have a lot of experence with non English names from working with Skyrim, Fallout 4 and all the tools I have worked on like TES5Edit, LOOT, Wrye Bash and so on.

Games do not like non English names, period. In the past because game don't like non standard letters sometimes, for some people, then creating a new User on the computer with a standard ASCII name A-Z only, is sometimes the solution. Then you use that User account for gaming and the other account for whatever else you do with your PC or laptop.

Do you have a non English username? Note the ó, that is not in the English alphabet. So only regular A - Z.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/27/24 at 02:35 PM.
03/28/24, 11:25 PM   #17
kareem
It is vel ' ia
I dont think ' counts as a non english one?
03/29/24, 05:45 AM   #18
Sharlikran

You have a quotation, so yes not simply a-z alphabetic symbols only. Try making a new user account on your laptop or pc with administrator privileges with only velia, no quotes no - dash just letters

Code:
C:\Users\velia\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
Then after you start the game and go through the setup, because it's a new user profile for windows, then accept the tos and all that, and completely log into a character. Then log out to let the game make folders and save things.

Then see if the new path above has an addons folder.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/24 at 05:49 AM.
03/29/24, 06:57 AM   #19
kareem
hey
I forgot to say this
also Vel'ia is the name in game
Melad is the pc's name.
but yesterday i had to reinstall steam because i had a problem with other game
but yes i kept all the games on other sub folder re downloaded it and opened eso again to see elderscrolls file in the documents with addons and screenshot folder
BUT same issue i downloaded the addons using minion and putting it on the path you said but didnt work
https://imgur.com/a/n3vEWuC ( about the file path showing there you said to remove one drive but i dont get it do i remove the whole file etc? or is there some option in one drive that does it)
https://imgur.com/a/9wXv7zX a picture ingame
hope that helps
03/29/24, 07:46 AM   #20
Sharlikran

BUT same issue i downloaded the addons using minion and putting it on the path you said but didnt work
Yes, it won't work in the path I mentioned because the path changes depending on the user name.

Code:
C:\Users\Melad\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
Also, look at your screenshot of the folder.

https://imgur.com/a/n3vEWuC

I already mentioned if OneDrive is controlling your addons folder it will cause unexpected or unwanted issue that will confuse you and make you think something isn't working.

Plus you provided two screenshots that don't show the path in the upper corner while you are in game.

Take a screenshot when you are using Melad, and you are already logged into a character, and then share that screenshot.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/24 at 07:56 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » addon file missing