09/18/23, 05:01 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update 40 (Version 9.2)

The next DLC "Secret of the Telvanni" will be available on the PTS later today.

New API Version: 101040

Notable Changes
  • New achievements, titles, collectibles, antiquities, furnishing, etc.
  • New roguelike 2 player dungeon "Endless Archive"
  • Class Item Sets (modify class skill lines)
  • New group finder tool
  • Jewelry crafting rebalance (no more grains!)
  • Grand master crafting station (c̴̡̮̪̒̿͜o̴̜͋͒͒̕n̵̪̮̄̉s̸̒̂͜͝ǘ̶̢͓͍͚̲̈́m̷͈̔͐̾e̵̹̪̯̻͋͋̋̄̕ś̸̫͔̭̼͌́̓͘ attuned stations)
  • Prologue quest bestower location updates
  • Various quest reward changes

PTS Dev Guild
We have created guilds on the EU and NA server for all addon developers, which get copied over during the PTS cycle for a new update, so we can test guild related things, ask for help with testing or just chat. If you need an invite, ask here or over on our Matrix channel. You are also free to join them on the live servers so you don't always have to be reinvited when the PTS is wiped.

LinksI'll edit the OP with more useful information as you post it and add the links as they become available.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 11/01/23 at 06:55 AM.
09/19/23, 04:19 PM   #2
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Documentation
Attached Files
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP40.txt (43.9 KB, 522 views)
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP40.txt (944.9 KB, 309 views)
09/19/23, 06:18 PM   #3
Masteroshi430

Careful : InstanceDisplayType enums are replaced by ZoneDisplayType enums

These addons in my addon folder will be affected:
- Vestige's Epic Quest (it's mine so i'll take care of it)
- LibQuestData
09/19/23, 07:31 PM   #4
Masteroshi430

I'm intrigued about these 3 new guys :
* LFG_ACTIVITY_ARENA
* LFG_ACTIVITY_ENDLESS_DUNGEON
* LFG_ACTIVITY_EXPLORATION

You get them with GetActivityType(activityId), which is the ActivityFinder/LFG tool but they are obviously part of the new features of the GroupFinder tool which doesn't have GetGroupFinderActivityType(activityId)... So my question is: When are they used?
09/20/23, 12:51 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Code:
Added _context_
* EVENT_CRAFT_STARTED (*[TradeskillType|#TradeskillType]* _craftSkill_, *[CraftingProcessContext|#CraftingProcessContext]* _context_)

CraftingProcessContext
* CRAFTING_PROCESS_CONTEXT_CONSUME_ATTUNABLE_STATIONS
* CRAFTING_PROCESS_CONTEXT_NONE
Just as a hint. Might be that the new master crafter tables use the new parameter to say a new set was combined/included to the master station, and thus the event fires for that, making our addons think an item crafting process started?

Haven't checked the code yet, if this would be the case. One should check the new context param then to assure it's really "crafting an item" (context = none) , so that for example addons like Lazy Set Crafter etc. (or DoItAll, Mass Deconstructor etc.) may not freak out

Last edited by Baertram : 09/20/23 at 12:53 AM.
09/20/23, 05:19 AM   #6
code65536
I see there's been a major overhaul of ZO_ComboBox.

ZO_ScrollableComboBox is now gone and has been merged into ZO_ComboBox.
09/20/23, 07:12 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I noticed something like that yesterday on PTS: my comboBoxes in AdvancedFilters dropdown filters are empty now.
Somehow the ZO_Menu is not used for the dropdown entries the same way as before anymore, and thus LibCustomMenu is not working with it anymore as before.

Before it was using ShowDropdownInternal and then AddMenuItems to populate the entries via AddCustomMenuItem and AddCustomSubmenuItem (functions of LibCustomMenu).
Hope there is an easy way to achieve the same again with the new scrollable dropdowns.
09/20/23, 07:49 AM   #8
sirinsidiator

Check the addoncompatibilityaliases. It's references in there, so maybe it's just some minor bug that needs to be fixed to get it working?
09/20/23, 08:44 AM   #9
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
I'm intrigued about these 3 new guys :
* LFG_ACTIVITY_ARENA
* LFG_ACTIVITY_ENDLESS_DUNGEON
* LFG_ACTIVITY_EXPLORATION

You get them with GetActivityType(activityId), which is the ActivityFinder/LFG tool but they are obviously part of the new features of the GroupFinder tool which doesn't have GetGroupFinderActivityType(activityId)... So my question is: When are they used?
The Group Finder systems runs off of LFGDefs (activityId) and LFGSetDefs so as not to reinvent too many wheels. So we expanded the types to allow for the other things that weren't already covered by matchmaking. It doesn't mean we will actually make matchmaking interfaces for those types. That enum now drives parts of LFG (Dungeon Finder/BGFinder/Tribute Finder) and parts of Group Finder.
09/20/23, 08:46 AM   #10
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Originally Posted by code65536 View Post
I see there's been a major overhaul of ZO_ComboBox.

ZO_ScrollableComboBox is now gone and has been merged into ZO_ComboBox.
Yea sorry about this. The old drop downs didn't have a way to be both multi-select and scrollable. We needed to fuse the two together, so we needed an overhaul. We did our best to keep as many names and functions that same as we could, and to alias what we could, but it's not a perfect one to one. Depending on your use cases, you may need to modify some things.
09/20/23, 09:09 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
Yea sorry about this. The old drop downs didn't have a way to be both multi-select and scrollable. We needed to fuse the two together, so we needed an overhaul. We did our best to keep as many names and functions that same as we could, and to alias what we could, but it's not a perfect one to one. Depending on your use cases, you may need to modify some things.
As ZO_ComboBox was using ZO_Menu prior to U40, to populate the entries in the combobox, it was supported by LibCustomMenu and it's features like submenus and headerlines.

Now with U40 this is not possible anymore ZO_Menu is not used anymore to show the combobox items but a scrollable list is used to populate the entries.
-> This affects all addons using ZO_ComboBox AND overriding e.g. function comboBox:AddMenuItems to populate the items manually/changed.
For example looping comoBox.m_sortedItems manually to use AddCustomMenuItem or AddCustomSubmenuItem to populate the entries via LibCustomMenu.

If you haven't overwritten the combobox's AddMenuItem, or any other to poulate the items shown at the dropdown, it should be compatible with the new scroll list by default.

I guess the easist way to achieve the old behavor, and support submenus and header lines again, is to recreate the old U39 ZO_ComboBox with a custom name as a library e.g. then,
which still uses ZO_Menu, in order to make it support LibCustomMenu and it's features again.

Another approach could be to use LibCustomMenu's class Submenu to create a new submenu via ZO_Menu, and anchor/show it at the scroll list'e entries as the mouse is moved over the entry (e.g. by using ZO_ComboBox:SetEntryMouseOverCallbacks(onMouseEnterCallback, onMouseExitCallback)).

Edit - Solution: Scrollable combobox with submenus (scrollable, and nested submenus)
The existing library LibScrollableMenu was doing almost everything that was needed already, I just had to change a few API functions to the new U40 stuff and add some more features and a simpler API, like LibCustomMenu's, to enable the scroll helper and submenus (also with scrollable entries -> nice!!!).

You can find the changes here at GitHub:
https://github.com/Baertram/eso-LibScrollableMenu
-> Thanks to kyoma and tomstocks for the base work on that library! It saved a bunch of time.

Usage (onyl works on U40!!! PTS!!!)
Explained at the library addon page -> Comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=3546#comments

Or at the GitHub repo, readme.md:
https://github.com/Baertram/eso-LibS...ster/readme.md

Last edited by Baertram : 09/26/23 at 08:31 AM.
09/26/23, 06:07 AM   #12
Masteroshi430

I suppose there is a new
GROUP_FINDER_PLAYSTYLE_ACHIEVEMENT
enum with yesterday's update...

EDIT: new enum confirmed by testing.

Last edited by Masteroshi430 : 09/26/23 at 07:00 AM.
10/31/23, 08:48 PM   #13
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Updated documentation
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP40_2.txt (944.8 KB, 462 views)
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP40_2.txt (1.9 KB, 282 views)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 40 (Version 9.2)