06/10/14, 04:26 PM   #1
Xanderificus
Question Silence the door slams!

Okay, there are bigger fish to fry out there but every time I have to spend more than a minute in the bank (or a few other buildings), the CONSTANT slamming of the door drives me nuts! I'm glad I've got more than one monitor because I give another window focus just to mute the game for a minute.
I spend time banking looking at AI Research Grid to decide if I can bank something for an alt or just junk it.

I know there's Mute NPC and a couple like it.... can anything be done to silence those doors?
06/29/14, 12:14 AM   #2
SystemiK
I was thinking about asking the developer to consider fixing this issue, but it then occured to me that with their shotgun approach to fixing things that they would either remove banks entirely or set global audio to mute.

I use a mod called BankerShutup. As soon as I open the bank dialogue the bank doors become substantially muted. It's been so long, I can't remember if it's the addon muting the door or if it's the game. Maybe you shoud try that mod...
06/29/14, 06:01 AM   #3
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SystemiK View Post
I was thinking about asking the developer to consider fixing this issue, but it then occured to me that with their shotgun approach to fixing things that they would either remove banks entirely or set global audio to mute.

I use a mod called BankerShutup. As soon as I open the bank dialogue the bank doors become substantially muted. It's been so long, I can't remember if it's the addon muting the door or if it's the game. Maybe you shoud try that mod...
Afaik that addon just temporarily lowers the Dialog Voice Volume to 0 while you are on the banker dialog screen.
Possible it does something to the [Whatever Door Slams count too] volume too.
06/29/14, 09:34 AM   #4
seaniv
BankerShutup will do what you are asking. It can change any of the volume categories not just dialog. I expect doors are environment. Volume changes are triggered on crafting stations too (the whiny Nord blacksmith in Mournhold used to drive me nuts). Any NPC you can open a dialog window with you can mute.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Silence the door slams!