05/12/15, 03:41 PM   #1
Enodoc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patches and updates for abandoned add-ons

Hey guys,
Does anyone know what the length of time is for the automatic enabling of "optional patches and addons" for something that has been abandoned?

I would like to upload some new features for Cyrodiil Alert, which has been abandoned since July last year, and I tried contacting the original author to see if I could take over officially but never heard back. Judging by the lack of such an option, it seems he hasn't allowed "optional patches and addons", so I was wondering how long it took before this was enabled automatically.

The relevant text is below:

Allow Updates & AddOns
Do you want to allow other authors to submit optional patches and addons for your interface? Patches/addons will not change your main download file, it will only show these files other people submit for your interface as optional downloads on your file info page. This option will be enabled on interfaces that have been abandoned or not updated for a length of time automatically.

An alternative I have considered, but I am not sure if it would be allowed, is to just upload my new version directly, and make clear in the documentation that I am not the original author and am building on an addon that was since abandoned.

Thanks for any help!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Patches and updates for abandoned add-ons